Tuesday, December 1, 2015

ORANGE. SUNSET ORANGE actually..

Yes.. Sunset Orange..

Week 7 taught us Color and its Meanings and Messages.
First, we attempted, in Adobe Illustrator.. Color Swatches.

For Part A.. we downloaded images in a wide variety of colors.. 

RED  PINK  YELLOW  BLUE  GREEN  PURPLE  NEUTRAL  BEIGE,  GREEN, or TAUPE
BLACK  and WHITE

and then we used the eyedropper tool to drop and place colors into the swatches. You can see my second progress a few posts back.. i enjoyed this process so much that I spent days and days with images and eydropping color upon color..  I will share my frivolity in the next few posts..

But first.. the assignment.. We were to select ONE color. Name it and post it with its CYMK and RGB color values.

I named them all.. Yes, I did :)  
From Left to Right:
Light Orange  Sunset Orange   Pumpkin Orange  Red Orange  Darkest Reddest Orange

I CHOSE.. Sunset Orange
CYMK    Cyan  10  Magenta  78  Yellow 100 and K [Blue] 22
RGB        Red 218   Green 91  Black 22

I knew I wanted to complete an Orange Part B so I searched and practiced on several Orange images
From Top to Bottom:  
Pumpkin Stem Green    Pumpkin Shadow    Medium Pumpkin    Light Pumpkin  Pumpkin Highlight  

This image is VanGogh's Study of an Orange..  I LOVE this Palette.  
I call it Van Gogh's Compliment   Colors Top to Bottom:
VanGogh Orange Highlight    VanGogh Orange Shadow  VanGogh Orange 
VanGogh Complimentary Blue  and VanGogh Blue Eyes

There are many other colors in this painting and in my Works in Progress, I have 20+ swatches that I am finding. In that file are two other Van Gogh paintings.. Starry Night and Haystacks.. 


Color is an integral part of my life, I think that is what I have always gravitated towards.. at one low point in my life, I even started a blog .. Beyond Beige.  
My hobbies have always been color based and color just sparkles for me.. I would not be surprised at all if these color palettes show up in my needlework, crochet, knitting, or just in my life.. 

for now I am ..   A [Colorful] Student of Design.. Lisa





No comments:

Post a Comment